Chilli Con Carne
Write a review
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 800g lean beef chuck steak, fat trimmed,
- cut into 3cm pieces
- ▲2 red capsicums, chopped
- ▲1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- ▲2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ▲3 tsp sweet paprika
- ▲2 tsp smoked paprika
- ▲1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
- ▲400g can diced tomatoes
- ▲440g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- ▲⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Filling & Healthy Foods are marked with a green triangle. These foods help fill you up and keep you healthy.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook beef, turning, in batches, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add capsicum and onion to same pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, both types of paprika and chilli flakes and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Return beef to pan with stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1½ hours or until beef is tender. Add beans and vinegar and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve topped with coriander.
- NOTE: Suitable to freeze (without coriander) for up to 3 months.
- SERVE WITH: 0 ProPoints value mixed salad leaves, plus steamed white rice. Add 4 ProPoints values per serve for ½ cup (85g) rice.
- TIP: You can use black beans instead of kidney beans. The ProPoints values remain the same.
Inspired Health http://inspiredhealth.co.nz/