Smoked Turkey, Apple, Beet & Macadamia Salad
Write a review
- 500g baby beets, tops removed
- 1 sprig thyme
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 100ml red wine vinegar
- 400g free-range, organic smoked turkey breast, or smoked chicken breast, sliced thinly on an angle
- 2 granny smith apples
- 4 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut into large diced pieces
- 80 g macadamia halves, toasted in oven for 6-8 minutes or until golden
- 100g baby cos leaves
- 100ml olive oil
- Juice ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place beets on a large sheet of foil in a large roasting tray and scatter or drizzle with thyme, garlic, water and red wine vinegar. Fold foil into a parcel, place tray in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove cooked beets from oven, pour cooking liquid into a small bowl and set aside. Leave beets to cool for 5 minutes. Wearing kitchen gloves, peel beets, slice in half and transfer to bowl with cooking liquid.
- In the meantime, place sliced turkey in a large bowl. Peel and quarter the apples then thinly slice and cut into strips. Transfer to bowl with the turkey and add sliced radishes, avocado, toasted macadamias and cos leaves. Whisk olive oil and lemon juice together, add to salad and toss well. Season to taste.
- To serve, scatter beets on plates and top with turkey salad.
Inspired Health http://inspiredhealth.co.nz/