Cacao Peanut Butter Balls
These bites are high in natural protein and the only sugar is natural honey – ideal as a low GI snack or for athletes needing pre, during or post workout fuel.
- 1 can chickpeas (390g, well-‐rinsed & patted dry)
- 165g natural peanut butter (Mother Earth NZ)
- 80g clover blend honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 60g desiccated coconut
- 15g dark cocoa
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Process chickpeas in food processor or until smooth
- Combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt with the chickpeas, process until they've combined and very smooth.
- Premix the desiccated coconut and dark cocoa, then add to the mixture and mix in well.
- With wet hands, form into 3 - 4cm balls. Place onto baking tray, lined with baking paper.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, until a slight browning occurs.
Inspired Health http://inspiredhealth.co.nz/