Write a review
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 25 min
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 leek, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g Chopped Spinach
- 700g fresh ricotta, drained
- 400g Greek feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1 egg, extra, lightly whisked
- 3 cups plain flour
- 250g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup chilled water
- To make pastry, mix flour and butter in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks and water. Process until dough just comes together. Knead on a lightly floured surface until just smooth. Cover. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Stir in leek and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a bowl.
- Roll out two-thirds of the pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm-thick disc. Line a round 4.5cm-deep, 23.5cm (base measurement) fluted pie tin, with removable base, with pastry. Trim excess.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Stir the spinach, ricotta, feta, eggs, dill and lemon rind into the leek mixture. Spoon into the pastry case. Smooth the surface.
- Brush edge with extra egg. Roll out remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 5mm-thick disc. Cut into ten 2cm-wide strips. Arrange half the strips, at 2cm intervals, across top of pie. Repeat, crossways, with remaining strips in a weaving pattern. Press to seal. Trim excess. Brush with extra egg.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Cut into slices to serve.
Inspired Health http://inspiredhealth.co.nz/