Instant Pot Crispy Chicken Burgers in 14-Minutes
This is a fast, healthy way to make crispy chicken burgers – cooked in the air fryer of my Duo Crisp Instant Pot cooker, which by the way has almost a dozen appliances in this one machine. So it’s a space-saving machine given it has all those appliance applications at my finger tips. You can pressure cook, sauté, slow cook, steam, roast, bake, broil, dehydrate or air fry for example.
Here’s a recipe to air fry and make crispy chicken burgers.
5 chicken thighs, boneless
½ cup flour (use rice flour if you want the recipe to be gluten-free, otherwise normal flour is all good)
½ teaspoon cayenne spice
A grind each of salt and pepper
½ cup breadcrumbs
Olive Oil spray
5 fresh burger buns
- Season your chicken thighs first. Get bowls and fill them each with the flour, cayenne, salt and pepper, the second bowl with the eggs (whisked with a fork), and a third bowl for the bread crumbs. Coat each thigh with flour mixture, then the egg mixture and then the bread crumbs.
- Pour ½ cup of water into your Instant Pot. Add the steamer basket and place crumbed chicken pieces inside this (use the rack if you want to do another layer). Spray the pieces of meat on each side with the oil to coat them.
- Close the lid and press air fry and set the cook time for 14-minutes. Walk away and let the machine do the work!
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the ingredients you want in your burgers. I’ve mentioned above the things I love in mine.
- Assemble your burger, eat and enjoy!
- This post was #sponsored by Instant Pot. Buy an Instant Pot from your local Harvey Norman store in NZ.
Blog by Rachel Grunwell: Wellness coach, author of the book Balance: Food, Health + Happiness & recipe creator for Good magazine.