Lemon Cheesecake in a Jar – made using an Instant Pot!
By Rachel Grunwell
(AD) The lemon layer in this dessert is so zingy and yum and it’s made quickly and easily in an Instant Pot – using the pressure cooking function. Meanwhile, I use the Instant Pot’s dehydrate function to make the lemon garnish too.
½ cup raw almonds
½ cup coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup lemon juice fresh
3 eggs (separate egg whites from egg yolkes)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon zest
4 tbsp butter (at room temp)
½ cup plain unsweetened yoghurt
Optional garnish – slices of fresh lemon. Mint leaves.
Method: Place all the bottom layer ingredients into a blender (I use a Vitamix) and blend. Place this evenly in the bottom of two jars.
Then to make the Middle layer…
- Whisk egg whites until fluffy. Set aside.
- Place egg yolks, sugar, butter, lemon zest and juice in another bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Place this into a heat protected glass bowl, cover with foil.
- Place a trivet in the Instant Pot and add 1 ½ cups of water.
- Put the glass container on the trivet and close the lid until it locks shut.
- Cook for 7 minutes on high pressure.
- When finished, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Take it out and let it cool.
- Next add this middle layer mixture to the jars as high up in the jar as you like this intensely lemony zingy layer.
Slice lemon and put it in the Instant Pot. Dehydrate it for 8 hours. Pick fresh mint from the garden if you have it and this adds that wow factor if you want it. Alternatively, dehydrate some raspberries – the mix of lemon and raspberries is AMAZING. Good luck in not eating all the raspberries. They taste incredible and rich in flavour when dehydrated. They’re such an amazing snack all on their own.
This recipe was kindly sponsored by Instant Pot. Buy one now on Kitchen Nook – and if you sign up to their mailing list you can get 15% off your first purchase!
#sponsoredpost #instantpot #nzrecipe
Rachel Grunwell is a recipe creator, wellness coach, yoga + meditation teacher and author of the book Balance: Food, health _+ Happiness.